TEST & KEEP – Become a product tester
- Request for free the new HG-C laser measurement sensor with IO-Link
- Put the sensor to the acid test and check its operational reliability
- Test the sensor in a real industrial environment
- Take part and become a member of our testing community
Panasonic wants to build on the successful product tester campaign from 2015 and allow users to thoroughly test the IO-Link capable laser measurement sensor.
Compared to the standard version of the HG-C measurement sensor, which outputs the distance as an analog voltage or current value, the new HG-C series is able to transmit the measurement values via IO-Link. With IO-Link, it is possible to read out measurement values and also to configure the sensors via remote control.
To put the concept behind Industry 4.0 into practice, the IO-Link sensor also offers a self-diagnosis function. This function can detect the light intensity and short circuits and inform about the state of the sensor. When a sensor has to be replaced, IO-Link ensures that the settings necessary for the application are transmitted to the new sensor.
Become a product tester
All European companies or professionals working within the field of industrial production can apply to become a product tester. Applications from people with an adequate technical background or companies with a concrete application which allows them to test the product in the field are also welcome.
At the end of the testing phase, the product testers fill out a questionnaire to document and summarize their results and experiences with the sensor. The feedback will be summarized and the resulting ideas, requests, and experiences will be integrated in the future development of products.
What is the sensor used for?
Here are some application examples:
- Thickness and position control of continuous material like paper, rubber or metal foils
- Color-independent orientation detection
- Presence and position control of caps
- The PLC stores the sensor parameters. The parent system ensures the correct configuration of the sensor.
- Several sensor settings can be configured together. The setting parameters are stored externally.
Why become a product tester?
Product testers will learn how triangulation in the field of optical sensors works. You will receive technical support from product specialists on how to solve your application. The aim is that the sensor will undergo extensive tests in real applications under industrial conditions. After the evaluation, the sensor remains in your possession for free.
Your feedback will be appreciated
Install and test the sensor in an application where high speed, high measurement repeatability, and object detection under difficult condition are important. Afterwards you fill in a questionnaire so that we are able to evaluate your experience with our product.